Graduate Management Programme
This is an exciting opportunity for graduates to join one of the World's leading packaging organisations. With a clear purpose to lead the way in sustainability. If you are internationally mobile, able to speak more than one European language and interested in pursuing a career specializing within Finance, HR, Sales, Operations, Marketing or Design, DS Smith would like to hear from you.
- DS Smith is a leading packaging company with revenue of over €6 billion, 30,000 colleagues across 250 sites in over 40 countries worldwide. They are a provider of sustainable corrugated packaging solutions in Europe supported by paper and recycling operations, and a supplier of specialist plastic packaging worldwide.
- 'Redefining Packaging for a Changing World' is very much at the centre of their corporate planning process. DS Smith are trusted as a partner by the most prestigious companies and brands in a wide range of sectors including FMCG, industrial and e-commerce
- Their business model is based on sustainability, are Europe's biggest recycler and have a unique supply cycle strategy
- In the last five years DS Smith has doubled in size and is continually growing, both organically and by acquisition, successfully gaining access to new markets and customers
- DS Smith - head quartered in central London but with a truly global footprint is offering you the opportunity to be part of their journey.
The Graduate programme targets future leaders who consider teamwork the way to 'get things done'. DS Smith are looking for solution-oriented graduates, who are driven by the ambition to perform, champion innovative thinking and aren't afraid to and push boundaries. You will need to share their passion for the future of packaging.This is a two year programme (three if you want to progress your career in one of their finance teams) and will take you to several countries in Europe on your DS Smith journey.
Upon joining you will be given the opportunity to gain solid professional experience by working on strategic projects and develop your management skills. DS Smith will help you apply your knowledge and experience to make a real and valued contribution to the organisation whilst being exposed to all facets and attributes of the DS Smith world.
- DS Smith is looking for ambitious recent graduates who have a track record of real achievement, significant leadership potential and a strong interest in pursuing a career in a dynamic and challenging company.
- Participants will be expected to rapidly produce tangible results in a key area such as: Operations, Sales, Marketing & Design, Finance & Commercial or Human Resources and will gain a broader view of the business even outside of your respective area of expertise.
- In the medium term, DS Smith expect you to achieve an accelerated progression into a general management position with P&L responsibility or a senior functional leadership role.
DS Smith is looking for outstanding and dynamic individuals who have leadership potential and a strong interest in pursuing a career with a truly international organisation.
- A graduate with a bachelor's degree or European equivalent
- Fluent in English and at least one other European language
- Unrestricted rights to work in the UK and EU
- Internationally mobile both during the Graduate Programme and beyond
- Keen to explore a career in one of the following areas: Operations, Sales, Marketing & Design, Finance & Human Resources
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Drive for results, positive attitude, and high determination
- Relevant work experience gained in an internship and/or post-graduation employment would be an advantage in specific areas of the programme
These are exciting opportunities which come with an attractive basic salary reflective of market rate in country, plus excellent benefits.
This programme has been specifically designed to offer early talent the opportunity to rapidly move into managerial roles within the business following completion of the programme, and offers genuinely great career progression internationally.
You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to complete at least one of your assignments thereafter you will be offered an exciting opportunity to relocate across Europe and beyond within the group.