Main area Estates
Grade Band 7
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Job ref 196-ESS0713-A
Employer Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Employer type NHS
Site Great Dover Street
Salary £39,866 - £49,704 p.a. inc HCA plus benefits
Closing 27/01/2019 23:59
Join us and become part of the most engaged workforce of any NHS trust in England, according to the latest national NHS Staff Survey results – for the second year running.
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-looking organisation in the heart of the capital where you can develop your career and broaden your horizons.
We think you will enjoy working for us but you don’t have to take our word for it – 79% of staff who took part in the latest national NHS Staff Survey would recommend Guy’s and St Thomas’ as a place to work.
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust is delivering an ambitious capital development programme which includes large scale construction projects, ranging from the installation of new imaging suites, to the rebuild of our critical care facilities.
We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic general practice Property Surveyor to join the Space and Property Team.
You will support the Head of Property in protecting and promoting the Trust’s considerable property interests.
The ideal candidate will be commercially astute and have a proven track record of successful property management in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
You will be educated to degree or Masters level in a real estate discipline and will be RICS qualified.
Experience of healthcare premises and portfolios may be advantageous but not essential. An ability to solve complicated property problems and to articulate solutions is essential, as is the tenacity to own a problem through to completion.
You will have a well developed and rounded general practice property knowledge, underpinned by technical theory, an understanding of land law, the law of landlord and tenant and practical experience in administering the property aspects of estates.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job in an exciting, fast moving, flexible working environment. We have a strong commitment to your personal and professional development.
In addition, we offer excellent benefits, such as:
- A minimum of 27 days annual holiday allowance (not including bank holidays), plus the option to buy and sell. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- The NHS Pension Scheme - one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Long Term Service Awards
- Sports and social club
- Subsidised staff gym and leisure facilities at both hospital sites, including a 25m swimming pool at Guy’s
- Subsidised on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers
- On-site cinemas for patients and staff
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being Programme, '5 ways to a healthier YOU'
- Weekly lunchtime walking group
- Ride to work scheme
- Employee assistance Programme
- Free staff counselling service
- Free stop smoking service
Our Trust values: Put patients first, Take pride in what we do, Respect others, Strive to be the best, Act with Integrity
If you would like to join the team, please apply online
Interviews will be held on: 15th February 2019
*previous applicants need not re apply
Applications are welcomed from applicants with a disability. We can make reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice in a variety of ways throughout the application process. Equality of opportunity is our policy.
Please apply for this post by clicking "Apply Online Now."