1 day left
- Full Time
Estates Advisor - (HIG01721)
Your new role
We currently have an opportunity for a Client side Estates Advisor to join our team. Highways England has a diverse property portfolio in excess of 1000 assets which extends across England. This includes an operational estate of offices and depots and a let estate of residential, commercial and agricultural property with a rent roll in excess of £3m per annum and annual disposal programme of circa £15m per annum.
As part of a wider team, you will add value by providing property advice across the Highways England estate to ensure the organisation complies with government property legislation and policy and has an estate of the right size and condition. This role is a full time, permanent position with a national remit where you’ll be expected to travel weekly across our property portfolio.
What you’ll be leading on
- You’ll support the provision of advice on property acquisitions and disposals and on Landlord/Tenant issues in order to maintain the value and condition of the Estate.
- You’ll build and manage strong relationships with project managers and their teams by providing reliable, accurate and professionally-sound property advice.
- You’ll support the performance management of the property supply chain, including professional real estate advisors, solicitors, and other service providers.
- You’ll contribute to the management of reporting, resources, planning, forecasting and monitoring against budget to inform decision making.
- You’ll contribute to improvements which minimise risk to health, safety and welfare of colleagues and stakeholders.
To be successful
- You’ll be qualified or working towards a professional property qualification with experience on project and property management
- You’ll demonstrate working experience on project and/or contract/supplier management.
- You’ll demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of property law and landlord and tenant legislation
- You’ll have demonstrable experience in successfully delivering Estates projects to time.
- You’ll evidence good engagement skills across all levels both internal (colleagues) and external (clients and suppliers).
- You’ll possess good written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
A bit about us
Our directorate is responsible for managing the company's £3 billion a year finances, overall governance, assurance and risk management, managing the company's large and dispersed estate, processing damages claims and the operation of the Dart Charge facility. A lot of what we do is like oil in the organisational machinery. We make the business work more smoothly and we help everyone to do their jobs better. Our vision is to work through partnership and collaboration to secure great resource outcomes for the company and amplify what we achieve with it.
Want to know more?
View our Estates Advisor role profile here.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.