Regional Building Surveyor - London Region
Regional Buildings Surveyor - London Region
Field Based: 5 days per week working within the SE region/home.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Property team as London and outskirts Regional Buildings Surveyor. In this role you will help deliver a programme of high volume, low value asset protection and cyclical maintenance projects up to hostels within the region.
You'll develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, intermediaries and business colleagues ensuring Operating and Business Plan objectives are met in all areas.
Key Role Responsibilities of the Regional Buildings Surveyor include:
- To lead on and deliver a range minor building refurbishment projects, taking into account operational requirements and those of key stakeholders in addition to budgetary and programme constraints.
- To be responsible for developments on site ensuring that development works are costed and contractors tenders received to YHA requirements, all approvals are gained ahead of works commencing, all orders are raised and all meetings controlled to ensure quality information flows to key stakeholders, ensuring project briefs are maintained.
- Working in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, develop, communicate, maintain and protect YHA assets through online purchase ordering tools.
- Ensure that the projects follow the YHA processes, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensure that all development specifications, contracts and designs meet corporate, legal and regulatory standards.
- To complete risk management tools as required and adhere procedures to assist in delivery of projects.
- Provide technical support to the SSHEQ and Estates Team and where required.
- To maintain ongoing level of standard specifications and designs to ensure best value.
The ideal candidate for the Regional Buildings Surveyor will have:
- MRICS qualified (Building Surveying or Project Management).
- Demonstrable experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams delivering refurbishment projects across a diverse range of properties.
- Proven ability of delivering/managing responsive repairs, cyclical repairs and planned maintenance programmes.
- Proven ability to manage internal and external project teams to deliver development and repairs programmes.
- Conveys information clearly, accurately and convincingly both orally and in writing. Recognizes the importance of listening to and understanding the needs of others
- Current full driving license
- ICT literate, including use of e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Does this role of Regional Buildings Surveyor sound like your next career move? Then APPLY today!
As the role of Regional Buildings Surveyor is field based there will be a company car or car allowance available for the successful candidate plus business mileage expenses paid. For a full list of hostels this role would cover please email: email@example.com
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK. YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. A DBS check will be carried out for all successful applicants.
We are about to embark on our largest project yet in the London Region and so our new Regional Building Surveyor will be heavily involved in the conception, planning and delivery of this project.
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 37.5
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract
All roles are subject to a minimum of a basic DBS check.