Director of Workplace & Construction Projects
My FTSE 25 client is currently looking for a Director of Workplace & Construction Projects to be based in the North West. You will lead on the management and delivery of property fit-out, refurbishment and construction projects, maximising return on significant CAPEX investment across the UK estate. Through construction and project management expertise you will translate their strategic aims in to effective workplace solutions.
This is a high profile appointment with regular exposure to the Board and the opportunity to build your internal network and progress your career.
- Ownership of the strategy for the delivery of significant CAPEX property programmes including c£250m of programme costs for workplace transformation
- Senior Stakeholder management engagement (to Board Level) across a wide range of commercial and operational risks and issues.
- Manage significant change control to ensure programmes and projects are delivered within budget and timescales to the correct quality
- Drive the supply chain relationships of multi £m contracts, engaging up to executive level within multi-national, industry leading operators. Maximise financial and operational performance, ensuring that all contractual obligations are met within budget and develop relationships to identify further opportunities for improvement and financial saving
- Select the right external strategic partners to deliver construction projects within budget, on time and to the high standards set within the workplace design
- Evaluate and decide upon the right design for workplaces across the UK estate
- MRICS/FRICS preferred
- Experience within fit-out & refurbishment in the Commercial sector
- Business acumen: Knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance
- Stakeholder engagement: able to engage effectively with senior stakeholders to fully understand and meet their needs
- Contract and supplier management: able to effectively drive strategic partners to deliver on strategy in an ethical, commercially efficient and service orientated way
- Degree in surveying or construction preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Negotiable salary consummate with the seniority of the role
- Car allowance
- 28 days holiday
- Performance related bonus
- Medical cover and life/accident insurance
- Company Pension scheme
- Career progression and full support within the business
With an excellent working environment, this role offers a great opportunity for you to develop your career at a very senior level.
Contact Duncan on 07908 556395 or Claire on 07785 397142 for a confidential discussion.