Your new company
On behalf of our client, a small, private firm of Chartered Surveyors & Valuers in Central London, Hays Property & Surveying are currently recruiting for an Interim Valuations Surveyor. My client has been in business for over 25 years and offers a full service of construction, building and surveying support to private clients, institutional lenders and banks.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the following:
- Providing valuation advice and services to banks, property companies, institutional funds and HNW individuals predominantly across the residential and commercial property market
- A mixture of valuation for secured lending & taxation purposes, portfolio valuations and the option to get involved with trade-based valuations
- Maintaining existing relationships whilst establishing new ones with property owners, investors and banks
- Full autonomy to develop new business and be opportunistic within the market
- Working amongst national and regional teams of high performing valuation professionals
- Build on the company's existing leading brand name and reputation within the market
- Personally, deal with a wide variety of professional work including Red Book Valuations to support secured lending, litigation, accounting and taxation, lease advisory work and other ad hoc professional work
This is a temporary role while my client looks to fill the role permanently. As such, this is open to both candidates seeking only temporary roles, and also candidates who are seeking full time employment and would see a short term contract as an opportunity to prove themselves in the post.
What you'll need to succeed
- A RICS Registered Valuer. (MRICS preferred but not a requirement if a Registered Valuer.)
- Commercial, dynamic & engaging with an high degree of analytical thinking
- Business Development focused with a fantastic reputation and a strong network of contacts
- Persuasive with good communication and a flare for Business development
- Proficiency in secured lending and portfolio valuations
- Great Microsoft skills and knowledge of Argus/Circle Capital software
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the commercial and residential real estate markets
- Ability to build relationships and engage with other teams across the business
- Regular local and/or UK travel will be required, full clean driving license necessary
What you'll get in return
- Basic Salary £50,000 - £55,000 with much higher on target earnings (OTE)
- Success in this role could lead to a wider management role in the company. It is anticipated that there will be a need to appoint a new leaders within the business in the next few years.
- A performance related bonus package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.