Senior Environmental Manager
If you are looking for your next challenge and the opportunity to shape the future of Defence, we are looking to build our core team with people who have the vision to take the programme through to successful delivery. Our team is embedded with military colleagues and requires a range of estate, construction and programme/project management staff. Being able to think imaginatively and challenge the accepted norm is a must.
The post holder will be accountable to The Technical Services Sustainability and Environmental Planning Assistant Head for the delivery of independent advice, guidance and outputs related to management of the environmental and socio-economic aspects of the Defence Estate Optimisation Programme and other relevant programmes.
You will provide independent assurance and report performance to The Technical Services Assistant Head on those matters related to the role’s specialist subject areas.
Main responsibilities of the role will include Environmental Management for the Defence Estate Optimisation Programme (DEOP) and other relevant programmes;
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to portfolio, programme and project managers on the environmental management and sustainable development aspects of the DEOP, its constituent sub-programmes and disposal-led site grouping projects.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external to DIO and MOD, to reduce delivery risks for programmes.
- Ensure that DEO staff and Industry Partners understand MOD’s sustainability and environmental policies and how they apply to DEOP activities.
- Facilitate the engagement of relevant technical support from DIO Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs) in Technical Services, including dedicated sub-programme Environmental Leads.
- Work closely with relevant SMEs to embed Statutory and MOD sustainability requirements into both disposals and re-provision activities, ensuring that the programmes are aware of the requirement to undertake the necessary technical assessments at the right time and to the appropriate standard across all sub-programmes to support Planning approvals.
- Report on compliance with appropriate legislation, codes of practice and MOD/ DIO policies across Defence Estate Optimisation (DEO) sub-programmes, as required.