Interim Clerk of Works
My client is looking for a Interim Clerk of Works to complete minor works on their commercial portfolio.
My client is a large property holder in the Nottingham area that is looking for an experienced Interim Clerk of Works. They have a few key projects that they need someone to manage, whilst the Clerk of Works is on long term sick.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES of the Interim Clerk of Works:
1. Make at least weekly visits to the projects in contract, attending the site meetings and advising of difficulties being encountered or likely to be encountered.
2. Make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform to the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work or cost. Refer recommendations to scheme consultant/line manager for a decision on further instruction.
3. Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with the Contractors Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, and endeavour to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works. Promptly report breaches to contractors and consultants in written form. Undertake scaffolding inspections.
4. Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all visits, including weather instructions, amendments, labour force, quality, Health and Safety, test results.
5. Examine, as far in advance as possible, all contract documents and drawings on individual schemes for discrepancies. Attend pre-contract meetings. Report on the contractor's anticipated building programme and on the performance of contractors and external consultants
6. Check that progress is maintained according to the building programme and advise on any likely cause for delay to the services consultant.
7. Prepare and attend snagging inspections and advise the schemes consultant prior to the issue of Certificate of Practical Completion. Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of the defects liability period.
8. Work in collaboration with members of the Project Design Team and clients to ensure projects, both pre and post contract, run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
The Interim Clerk of Works would have the following skills and experience:
Able to prepare and write progress records.
Able to prioritise, plan and manage own workload and projects to meet conflicting work demands, fee targets and deadlines. Able to create and maintain effective and co-operative working relationships both internally and externally and to consult, negotiate and influence others inside and outside the Council including site managers contractors, clients and consultation.
In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, Scaffolding Regulations and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
In-depth understanding of JCT terms of contract.
Able to work autonomously and with minimal support.
A long term temp opportunity to cover the sick leave of a Clerk of Works.