Capstone are proud to be retained again by one of the UK's largest transport operators, with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with a land bank of 1,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join one of the industry's leading Property Development titans to support a brand-new Development Company.
A Development Manager is required to support the lead Development Director on a newly established Development Company. The role's main purpose is to take responsibility for creating value through leading and managing property development activities on land identified as being surplus to the operational transport business. Projects will vary in size with the most notable scheme including 400 residential units, over 100,000 sq ft of retail and leisure space and extensive public realm. Developments are based across the UK and extensive travel plus time in head office (London) will be required.
- Run analysis for all development opportunities
- Establish, develop and promote 'best in class' Development Management practices
- Lead, manage and coordinate property activities across the development process including extensive internal and external stakeholder management
- Assist in the coordination and management of marketing campaigns
- Assist on development of value propositions for property development opportunities
- Identifying value creation opportunities
- Oversee the negotiation and disposal process as necessary
- Manage projects; identify threats and opportunities and planning, with the ability to prioritise work load
- Carry out due diligence and development appraisals
- Build and maintain a strong network of industry contacts across consultants, occupiers and agents
- Ideally degree educated and professionally qualified
- Proven experience of managing multi-site property development portfolios and overseeing development projects from a commercial perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge of end to end development processes
- Proven experience of setting up and managing developments JVs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to strike rapport with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent networking skills
- Capable of articulating and reporting using business and financial metrics
- Planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to undertake development appraisals
If you have proven experience within a commercial developer or owner/occupier environment with a minimum of 5 years' experience and you have the desire to develop a real estate portfolio working closely with the Managing Director of a brand-new Dev. Co. entity, this rare and exciting opportunity could be for you.
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Rob Cawood on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org