Senior Development Manager
Senior Development Manager
Oxford (1 day a week) & UK wide travel
£65,000 plus package & bonus
To work for a leading British-based Investment and Development business. Supporting £100m of development projects over the next 5 years, and the number of individual developments could exceed 15.
Providing development services at a senior level to deliver a programme of projects from initial identification, through feasibility, design development, viability assessment, planning, funding, and the finished product, in line with budget, programme and expectations, to produce out-performance relative to the business plan.
Asset classes: industrial and business parks
About the role:
- As part of the Development team, working alongside Commercial Directors, to establish suitable speculative development or pre-let opportunities that meet the strategic objectives at estate level, in line with Business Plans.
- To prepare and present in a timely fashion all PEA development papers to the Executive Committee for review and approval, with input as needed from the Asset Managers on the market supply and demand characteristics.
- For approved projects, providing a full project management service from inception to the end of defects liability period or sale of investment. To include inter alia: advising on the appointment of the Design team; managing the design process; preparing appraisals, dealing with planning issues, selecting and leading the professional team as client representative; negotiating appointments; and ensuring all legal documentation is properly in place as appropriate.
- To engage fully with negotiations on all aspects of development and project management, including agreements for leases, where new turn-key projects are proposed.
- To develop new opportunities that contribute to the sustainability agenda of the business.
- To manage the proper record keeping of all due diligence required by legal teams on sales or acquisitions including procurement of warranties letters of reliance and other contract material.
- Representing the investor at networking events and planning meetings where projects are being discussed.
- To work with the asset teams on business planning providing necessary support in formulating five year development plans.
- Excellent reporting and presentation ability.
- Systematic and organised approach to management of complex development processes.
- A good networker.
- Ability to co-ordinate the development and planning process with detailed financial understanding.
- Common sense and an ability to think ahead and to pre-empt issues before they become problems.
- Ability to act on own initiative, but not afraid to ask questions and seek clarification, where unsure.
- Strong negotiation skills and an assertive character when required
- MRICS or RTPi
- Numeracy and good spreadsheet skills required
- Good understanding of legal process
- Proficient in Circle Developer
If you have proven experience within a developer, owner/occupier environment or development experience in a consultancy with a minimum of 5 years' experience, this rare and exciting opportunity could be for you.
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Rob Cawood on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email email@example.com