Building Control Surveyor
Building Control Surveyor
Vacancy Reference Number: PLA00391
Closing Date: 22 Apr 2019
Division: Planning & Building Control
Section: Building Control
Grade: SO1 - PO4 - £30,012 - £43,503
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 2
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Tower Hamlets Building Control is responsible for a wide range of diverse projects, from high rise residential blocks and offices to rear extensions of people’s homes. For an ambitious individual, we offer the projects to inspire, motivate, develop and satisfy your professional aspirations. Our impressive portfolio spans the London City Island and Canary Wharf expansion, Wood Wharf and Wardian Towers and major out of Borough partnership projects such as the South bank development and Embassy Gardens. We have a professionally qualified management team to encourage you, while you learn and progress in a supportive environment.
About the role
This is your chance to advance your career in complex technical areas with senior management support. Specifically you’ll:
- Undertake the Council’s responsibilities for the determination of building regulation applications
- Inspect building work in progress to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, London Building Acts and related legislation
- Make recommendations for the approval or rejection of applications and draft legally binding decision notices for consideration within specified time limits.
- Manage and administer a caseload in a timely manner with quality outcomes, using active time and priority management techniques.
- Inspect building and construction work at all relevant stages as directed on allocated building regulation and enforcement cases.
- Commit to the principles and practice of equality, diversity in employment and service delivery.
- Have a full awareness of all Health and Safety requirements.
About the benefits
It’s a role where you’ll be highly valued and rewarded. There are many benefits to working in Tower Hamlets Building Control, such as highly competitive salaries, borough wide parking permit paid, car allowance, and mileage allowance and flexible working arrangements including working from home.
The Building Control Department has recently been restructured to accommodate future demands, additional experience while also future proofing the team with opportunities from all levels; we offer opportunities for you to learn, progress and manage to become a highly skilled professional. We support and encourage you to achieve your true potential, job satisfaction, deliver benefits to the Tower Hamlets Community and make a real difference for their health, safety and welfare.
To apply please visit: https://ig24.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_lbth01.asp?newms=jj&id=138323&aid=15880