Property Surveyor (Junior) - Land Acquisition
Your new company
On behalf of our client, Hays Property & Surveying are seeking a Property Surveyor to take on a rolling three month contract. My client are one of London's largest employers and you would be working within a wider team of up to 40 surveyors across a range of disciplines. This role is focused in land acquisition.
Your new role
As the Property Surveyor, you will be working with an Operational portfolio of land and properties spread across London. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake negotiations and provide advice regarding the acquisition of land (private treaty & compulsory purchase)
- Assist in the provision of land cost estimates and budgetary forecasts
- Negotiation with potential objectors
- Identify property related issues and work to find a resolution in order to mitigate delays to the delivery of property projects
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate in this Property Surveyor competition, you will meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from a RICS accredited degree, or an APC candidate
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience working in Property / Land Buying
- Ability to deal with a range of commercial and residential property matters
- Good knowledge of property markets & values
- Ability to interpret and apply key property law
What you'll get in return
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a large property team for one of London's top employers. You will be offered a competitive rate for the time you are contracting. Permanent opportunities may be made available for candidates who excel in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.