My client is a specialist independent surveyors who are well known for their commitment for identifying the root of the problem rather than treating symptoms. Their clients include major heritage organisations, institutions, developers, contractors and commercial property managers, as well as private owners and they enjoy an excellent reputation amongst fellow industry professionals such as Architects and Structural Engineers.
They are recruiting for an all-rounder with excellent broad technical abilities who are able to cover a full range of practical building survey investigations and give advice on historic building condition and repair.
The role involves on-site survey and investigation and office based report preparation, analytical work and client consultancy. There is a great deal of site work required in generating the reports we issue and therefore surveying staff not only have to be technically competent but also physically robust. In addition, you will need to have a driving licence
Candidates with a knowledge of Mycology, Entomology, wood science and environmental monitoring systems are highly desirable. Applicants should be familiar with AutoCAD. In-house training is provided with the purpose of you swiftly becoming a fee generator for the company. There are regular opportunities to attend external training courses to expand your own knowledge base and to develop your individual skill set.
To carry out minimally invasive building investigations and analysis of Building Pathology utilising a range of techniques and to prepare reports, including CAD plans, primarily but not necessarily exclusively, for historic buildings
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the provision of high quality advice relating to building material condition and performance to the client, being professional at all times
- Attending meetings with clients and consultants and assist in giving appraisals of building material condition and building material performance
- To keep abreast of all relevant statutory changes and heritage best practice
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder and the needs of the company
- You will be responsible for the safety and adequacy of your own site investigations, for the detail and clarity of your advice and reports
- Your work will include the investigation of and research into building failures of all sorts, but will mainly consist of carrying out site investigations and producing reports on building failures involving moisture penetration and timber decay. This may also involve the use and installation of specialist monitoring equipment
- Assisting in the promotion of the company through personal contacts with current and potential clients, attendance at events and conferences and in any other ways that would be beneficial to the company