JOB TITLE: Building Surveyor
POSITION: Full Time Permanent – Monday to Friday 35 hours per week
LOCATION: Working remotely around London/Home Counties/South East
REPORTING TO: Managing Surveyor
SALARY: Depending on experience
(plus Branded Company Vehicle with Fuel Card, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, Income Protection Policy, Death in Service Policy, Company Mobile and Laptop.)
We require a highly motivated, enthusiastic Building Surveyor to join our existing team at Global Home Warranties Ltd providing professional advice on all aspects of property and construction and primarily responsible for carrying out risk assessments on properties that have been registered by the company in order that they meet building regulations and are built in accordance with same and ultimately insurance cover can be issued once complete.
As a brand ambassador, Global Home Warranties Building Surveyors ensure our company values and ethos are promoted at all times.
- Carrying out site inspections for 10 year structural warranty insurance cover on new build dwellings. This involves inspecting the dwellings at various stages during construction and liaising with builders on any technical issues or sub-standard/remedial works.
- Inspecting existing properties and preparing condition survey reports.
- Inspecting properties and preparing claim validation reports and costings of remedial works for insurance purposes.
- Assessing building defects and compiling expert reports for clients involved in building contract disputes.
- Investigating structural issues and rainwater ingress claims. Coordinating contractors/developers to eradicate structural issues and moisture ingress throughout buildings.
- Identifying potential business leads and new sites for sales to follow up.
- Assist other departments and areas when required.
- Customer focused gaining client’s trust and respect through their professional conduct.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and planning expertise.
- Thinks and acts in a proactive way displaying effective time management.
- Ability to work on own initiative, managing their own diary and planning site visits.
- Accountable and responsible, maintaining client confidentiality at all times.
- Effective problem-solving skills adopting a ‘can do’ attitude.
- IT literate and project management ability.
- Previous experience within the structural warranty industry would be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel across South East England/London areas.
- Full Drivers licence.
- Must hold a Building Surveying degree
- Must have experience of private residential construction from foundation level through to completion
- Must have a working knowledge of the current UK building regulations
- Be a chartered surveyor either through RICS or CIOB
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.