Job Title: Building Surveyor
Location: Reading or Rickmansworth
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
What is the purpose of this role?
Due to company growth and development we would like to welcome an experienced Building Surveyor to provide professional advice on property and construction, ranging from multi-million-pound structures to modest adaptations and repairs.
You'll complete detailed reports, identify defects and advise on repair, maintenance and restoration options. Projects include existing buildings, buildings of architectural or historic importance and the development of new ones. You may implement preventative measures to keep buildings in good condition and look for ways to make buildings sustainable.
You’ll work alongside local planning bodies, clients, construction workers and other professionals to ensure work is completed to the highest standard.
What makes this role unique?
The exceptionally broad skill set encompassing (Dilapidation Surveys, Design Specification, Party Wall/Site Boundary Issues, Planned Maintenance, Minor Civil Works and Health & Safety and Risks Issues) is required for this opportunity whereby you will be responsible for the delivery of each project in your portfolio, with regular reporting to the Project Manager. You will liaise with operational specialists across our clean & waste water treatment plants and pumping stations, developing processes and procedures to continually improve and achieve a successful outcome to the project, keeping a strong customer focus.
This could be the perfect job for someone who is an experienced Building Surveyor looking for more of a work-life balance. You will join a highly collaborative and supportive team and will be expected to travel across the Thames Valley region.
What will this role involve?
As a Building Surveyor you have the opportunity to be involved in any part of the construction process and throughout the ‘operational lifecycle’ of a building. Your day may involve:
- Carrying out quality assessment reports to identify any disrepair liabilities or operational issues that will need to be addressed in order to make the premises fit for purpose, (Cosmetic or Structural Defects, Preventative Deterioration measures, Health & Safety and Risk issues).
- Preparing CAD plans detailing existing floor plan layouts and elevations.
- Acting as Principle Designer ensuring full compliance with CDM.
- Liaise with our external resource in regards to obtaining statutory consents (building regulation, planning, advert & listed building)
- Producing specifications for competitive tendering.
- Contract administration duties including chairing pre-start meetings with stakeholders and contractors, confirming scope and variations, final snagging and handover.
What skills are we looking for?
- You'll need practical experience in AutoCAD, as you'll need to produce floor plans and technical drawings for the works involved
- You will be commercially aware, while acting in a decisive manner to ensure the projects are delivered.
- We are ideally looking for 3 – 5 years experience as a Building Surveyor.
- Essential requirement is to be a chartered member of RICS or CIOB.
Location and salary
This role can be based in either Reading or Rickmansworth. We are offering a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 depending on your level of experience.
We offer a range of benefits including an excellent contributory pension scheme, on-going training, season ticket loans and paid volunteering days plus much more!