Are you an experienced Project Manager with Highways experience? Living or looking to work in Gloucester? Wanting to work on multi million pound projects? Then apply here today!!!
A leading consultancy construction firm is currently recruiting for Project Manager to be based in their Gloucester office. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with their Infrastructure team, with the potential for rapid career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of infrastructure projects up to £200m and to develop the Infrastructure team in the Southampton.
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the infrastructure, highways and civil engineering sector.
- Build successful working relationships with local and national highways authority clients
- Provide support to the regional infrastructure management team in the growth of the sector regionally.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as NEC3 Project Manager for projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects as Project Manager under the NEC form
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
Interested? Call Niamh Finnegan on 0203 6800640.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.