TOWN is a profit-with-purpose property developer.
Founded in 2014 by directors Jonny Anstead and Neil Murphy, TOWN’s mission is to make great homes, streets and neighbourhoods; places people love. We plan and enable large-scale new places in a master-developer role, and directly deliver smaller, built projects of up to around 100 homes.
Working with larger funding and development partners who share our values, we bring creativity, a commitment to people and planet, and a determination to do things differently.
TOWN’s first completed development, Marmalade Lane, showcases our commitment to contemporary design with timeless character, to working alongside customers to meet their needs, and to challenging conventional market and planning assumptions in the pursuit of better places.
TOWN’s portfolio includes:
• Marmalade Lane - a completed, 42-home cohousing development in Cambridge;
• North East Cambridge – a 5,000-home regeneration of Cambridge’s water recycling works, alongside U+I plc;
• Beeston Park – a 3,500-home new district of Norwich, in partnership with U+I;
• Love Wolverton – a 100-home, £25m mixed-use regeneration of a key town centre site, partnering with Trivselhus UK; and
• Community-led housing and cohousing projects in places as diverse as Norwich, Milton Keynes, Brighton, Newcastle and Manchester, building on the success of Marmalade Lane.
We are recruiting two Development Managers to help deliver TOWN’s expanding body of work.
Supported by a Director, the Development Manager’s role is to lead one or two of TOWN’s projects, as well as supporting on other projects and business development when needed.
Development Managers will have early and high levels of responsibility, with the main areas being as follows:
Role 1: Love Wolverton
• Initial focus on Love Wolverton, a residential-led town centre regeneration in Wolverton, one of the original towns of Milton Keynes.
• This will involve guiding the emerging scheme through planning, detailed design delivery phases, over a four- year period.
• This a complex, multi-faceted scheme with strong community support and many interested stakeholders.
• Superb organisational and interpersonal skills be critical.
Role 2: Beeston Park
• Initial focus on Beeston Park, overseeing the design and implementation of up to £35m in infrastructure over the next three years.
• We’re creating a development platform that will allow land to be sold to developers to working within an existing planning permission and design code.
• TOWN may undertake some direct development.
• This role demands excellent project management skills and experience of working with multidisciplinary teams on large sites.
You’ll have at least three years’ experience in relevant roles in the property industry, whether in development or advisory. You’ll either be RICS qualified or combine strong generalist or other specialist credentials with evident skills in areas such as development appraisal, project management, contract management and planning/design.
You’ll have demonstrable grip of the inter-disciplinary nature of good development projects and be able to show that you’ve worked outside and across professional silos in past roles.
Both roles demand the following personal qualities:
• purpose – an understanding of and affinity with TOWN’s mission;
• initiative – an ability to self-start, take ownership, think ahead and act early;
• tenacity – not accepting no for an answer, chasing outcomes, outlasting the competition;
• flexibility – a willingness to go where the work takes you, in both location and content;
• congeniality – being a team team player and a good colleague.
The roles will command a competitive salary, dependent on experience. We offer a discretionary bonus scheme, workplace pension, 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays, CPD opportunities and frequent study trips!
TOWN operates largely from a virtual office. We have flexible space in London, but much of your time will be spent on site or with partners and consultants, and otherwise from home. This unusually flexible approach to working entails very regular travel and occasional overnight stays.
HOW TO APPLY.
For more information about TOWN, see www.wearetown.co.uk.
To apply, please send a letter and CV to email@example.com by 29th April 2019.
For an informal conversation about the role before applying, please feel free to call one of TOWN’s Directors – Jonny Anstead (07500 335315) or Neil Murphy (07714 097924).