Project Development Manager
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Holkham Hall was built between 1734 and 1764 by Thomas Coke, the first Earl of Leicester and remains the home of the Coke family.
The family has owned land at Holkham since 1609. Over the years, Holkham Estate has evolved to become a thoroughly forward-looking rural estate with a mind both to its agricultural and land management roots as well as recognising its distinct appeal within tourism and leisure.
The Estate’s vision is “to see Holkham recognised as the UK’s leading rural estates against which others will measure their own success”.
Our business includes:
• The attractions: Holkham Hall and park, including indoor and outdoor events, Field to Fork Experience, walled garden, children’s adventure playground, cycle and boat hire, and educational activities.
• 10,000ha of agricultural land 1,000ha of woodland
• A portfolio of approximately 300 residential properties
• Holkham Studios – former agricultural buildings converted into contemporary commercial offices
• Property development with projects ranging from £1 million to £10 million
• Pinewoods Holiday park - a 600 pitch caravan park
• Three cafés
• Four car parks
• The Victoria Inn – a 20 bedroom estate inn
• The Holkham National Nature Reserve
• A weddings and events business.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Project Development Manager, is responsible for leading, coordinating and delivering specific building and development projects (value £0.5m to £5m+). This will also include the refurbishment of large properties.
• To be accountable for delivering specific planning and development projects including new build, conversion and renovation projects at Holkham
• To assess the feasibility of projects and manage through the planning process
• Contribute to identifying and assessing new development opportunities
• Liaise with Senior Managers to agree project objectives and specifications
• Understand the responsibilities under the CDM Regulations
• Prepare project programmes and coordinate a risk management process
• Lead in the selection of external contractors and professional advisors
• To ensure projects meet agreed financial, quality targets and delivered on time
• Arrange, chair and minute meetings
• Prepare monthly reports monitoring budget, variations and programmes
• Agree and develop the specification for large property refurbishment
• To be accountable managing renovation project budgets
• Prepare the specification and scope of works and sign off with Building Manager
• Agree project budget with the General Manager, Land and Property
• Manage external contractors ensuring they are given clear direction to deliver what is required, within agreed timescales and budget
• Salary to attract the best candidates
• Option of working full or part time.
• A contributory pension scheme
• An annual car parking season ticket for all Holkham car parks
• Free entry for you and your family to visit Holkham Hall and the attractions
• 25% discount at The Victoria, Holkham cafés, Holkham gift shop and to selected Holkham events
• Discounts at retail outlets in Holkham village, cycle to work scheme, death in service insurance.
• Access to a range of learning and development opportunities.
• Professional RICS qualification or similar proven experience (surveying or project management) essential
• Experience of planning and development and project management in the private sector
• Ability to select, negotiate and interface with senior third parties and in-house teams
• Understanding project management skills, planning process, programme setting and risk management
• Awareness of building regulations, contract administration (JCT Minor Works and Intermediate Forms of contract) and the CDM Regulations, planning legislation and procedures
• Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team, with the ability to manage different personalities and organisations
• Understanding of finance, budgets, cash flows and appraisals
• Health and safety knowledge including pre and post-contract administration
• An organised planner with the ability to multi-task
• Hands-on proven leader with ability to inspire timely and quality work
• A good knowledge of Listed buildings and conservation techniques
• Good communicator
• Ability to delegate work and provide clear instructions
• Ability to monitor and maximise other’s performance
• A positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure
• Ability to work as a team so that goals are met.
HOW TO APPLY
To have an informal, confidential discussion please contact James Bracey, General Manager – Land and Property on 01328 801 303
To apply, please send your CV, current salary and a short personal statement by email to Jane Berwick, Office Manager using the application form below.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th April