Senior Building Surveyor
Make Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally, with long standing relationships within both the public and private sectors.
Make Consulting offers a range of services to its Clients; from Building Surveying to Project Management, Cost Consultancy to Building Design, Principal Designer Services to Asset Management.
Make Consulting operate within the Education, Bluelight, Commercial, Housing, Healthcare and Retail Sectors.
Continued success and growth mean that Make Consulting are now looking to appoint a Senior Building Surveyor to act as Lead Surveyor for a significant, national and multi-site Client.
We are seeking an individual who is ambitious, keen to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team.
This role offers great career prospects, with the opportunity to grow within an expanding business.
- Must hold degree level qualification within a RICS accredited degree course or equivalent conversion qualification.
- At least 3 – 4 years Post Qualification Experience (PQE) with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Non Chartered Surveyors will be considered if other professional qualifications or extensive experience within the industry are held.
Requirements / Experience:
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- A team player with the ability to work on their own initiative and to manage and motivate others
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Develop Building Surveying Consultancy services and expand our client base
- Contract Administration experience (JCT / NEC)
- Produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations
- Experience undertaking building surveys and schedules of condition
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD
- Defect analysis skills
- Experience in Health and Safety procedures (CDM)
- Specification writing and production of tender documentation
- Experience of managing the delivery of construction works
Salary / Package:
Make Consulting offer a flexible working approach and a relaxed working environment, along with a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The company also offers a discretionary bonus scheme linked to performance of the business, and employees will be included within the company pension scheme (following a qualifying period).