Quantity Surveyor - Liverpool
WYG's Cost Consultancy provides clients with high quality, high value advisory services in support of the strategic development, creation and management of sustainable assets. Due to continued success within the practice we are looking to further increase our capacity and capability with the appointment of a Quantity Surveyor with a strong consultancy background.
Based in our Liverpool office this is an opportunity to become a key member of the Cost Consultancy team, ensuring that WYG remain market leaders in the delivery of contemporary construction consultancy in our chosen markets.
You will work closely with other WYG regional offices, forging strong working relationships internally and externally with our clients, becoming part of their integrated project teams. Involved in a large portfolio of exciting development opportunities ranging from private to public sector, small scale to in excess of £100m and from feasibility and assessment stage through to completion you will have the opportunity to work autonomously and as part of a wider thriving team, enhancing your existing skill set and ensuring your role and responsibilities remain diverse.
- Full membership of a recognised professional body or working towards full membership (eg RICS)
- Sound knowledge and proven experience in guiding and developing quantity surveying, employer's agent best practice and innovation
- Able to deliver a contemporary quantity surveying and employer's agent service focused on client satisfaction
- Able to provide an efficient, collaborative, well governed service using modern management techniques to deliver our projects successfully
- Experience working on major projects with a demonstrable track record of a high standard of technical delivery
- Experience managing both internal and external project teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to build strong working relationships at all levels
- A strategic thinker, able to convey ideas both verbally and in report form to clients, external stakeholders and the design team
- Able to adapt strategies in line with changing priorities
- Experienced in residential projects
WYG is an award-winning, professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
- International Development
- Infrastructure & Built Environment
- Programme & Project Management
- Surveying & Asset Management
- Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.