Building Surveyor – Home or office Based
- Location – London and Kent.
- Salary package up to £70,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Company Car, mobile phone and Laptop
Bedfords Chartered Building Surveyors have been providing a full range of high-quality surveying services and advice for residential and commercial clients for over 40 years. We specialize in insurance reinstatement, dealing with the refurbishment or re-building of properties severely damaged by fire, flood, impact, escape of water etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete project from initial safety, strip out or demolition through to specification, tender, project management to completion and handover. With the necessary experience this role is also suited to a Chartered Structural Engineer
Building Surveyor Position Requirements
- RICS Registered Building Surveyor, but would consider CIOB, Graduate and Non-Chartered Building Surveyor
- Project and professional experience in building surveying and construction – preferred
- Full UK Driving License and ability to travel frequently within the UK when required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in delivering first class customer service
- Have a proven track record in managing relationships at all levels
- Be self-motivating and have the ability to motivate others
- Team player with excellent people skills ensuring win win outcomes can be delivered
- Insurance related experience preferable but not essential
- Able to manage large caseloads and work methodical
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaise with loss adjusters, assessors and clients to confirm the nature and extent of the works.
- Provide initial advice in order to secure instructions
- Attend meetings with loss adjusters, assessors and clients
- Keep loss adjusters and assessors up to date with progress
- Inspect property and draft schedules of works, specifications or reports.
- Discuss draft specification or final report with client.
- Finalise specification and obtain instructions to tender
- Tender works
- Prepare a tender report and recommendations to client
- Contract Administration
- Report weekly/monthly progress to all involved parties
- Build relationships and confidence with loss adjusters and assessors
- Take full responsibility for work.
Apply for Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly