Chartered Building Surveyor
My client based in the City of London is looking for an MRICS Chartered Building Surveyor to join their multidisciplinary consultancy in the City; with a solid portfolio of professional work predominantly within the commercial sector. This is a new role due to the business's continued success. This is a permanent role paying up to £70,000 + bonus + package.
My client based in the City of London is a multi-disciplinary consultancy with a solid portfolio of professional work within the commercial sector. With a reputation for building and maintaining the deep existing client relationships underpin the culture here, where you will have the flexibility to manage your own workload whilst providing for your client's individual needs.
Your role will require you to manage your own workload, be self-motivated and continue to maintain the high standard of work we deliver whilst being part of a supportive, collaborative and friendly team. You will assist in the successful implementation and delivery of professional and contract building surveying through the completion of a varied range of building surveying instructions, including the delivery of projects from inception to completion. You will also take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and on time;
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Preparation of Schedule of Dilapidations and negotiating on behalf of Landlord or Tenant
- Defect Analysis
- Building Surveys for investment and occupation purposes
- Refurbishment Works & maintenance advice (PPM)
- Building surveys for investment and occupation purposes
- Preparation of specifications and schedules of work
- Contract Administration; Drafting of Standard Contract forms
- Works in conjunction with the Party Wall etc Act
- Development & Project Monitoring for investors, occupiers and institutions
- Project Management of new build and fit out projects
- Preparation of CAD plans/elevations/sections and details is also desirable;
- MRICS qualified with 1+ years post qualification experience
- Experience of Building Surveying within the commercial sector
- Experience within both professional and project-based building surveying matters
- Strong communicator able to build, develop and maintain existing relationships
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Accurate and excellent attention to detail;
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team;
- Confident and assertive where required;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
This is a permanent role paying up to £70,000 per annum dependent on experience. Including in the package is a discretionary bonus, 10% non-contributory pension, agile working, private health care, interest-free travel loan, 26 days annual leave, life assurance, permanent health insurance.
To apply to this position apply now or contact the Oyster Partnership asking for Charlotte Jacovou.