NQ Building Surveyor
At British Land, Places People Prefer is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by how places can affect people’s lives, whether they live, work, shop or are part of the wider community. As part of our £16.8bn assets under management, our portfolio includes UK-wide Retail multi-let Centres, Central London campuses and prime residential developments.
We design, build and manage places that reflect the way people want to live, work and shop today and into the future. Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties, they’re visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen our places as their home. Our places will shape the lives of millions of people across the UK for years to come.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count, and your ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
Our property management division focusses on placemaking and delivering management services throughout the lifecycle of our developments. With a focused range of services, we pride ourselves on having a tailored approach adding value to each of our assets, whilst enhancing the occupier, shopper, visitor and resident experience.
Member of the in house British Land Building Surveying team who proactively manages the maintenance of the fabric of the properties under management to the highest possible standards. Provide independent technical advice, project management services and budget advice on a consultancy basis to non-technical property managers. Deliver all services with a professional, impartial approach.
- Implement the British Land Planned Preventative Maintenance strategy, ensuring maintenance records, sign off and audit is correctly carried out.
- Checking that buildings facades are maintained and cleaned to the specified standard.
- Specify, tender and project manage new and remedial works. Ensure all works are executed to the correct specifications and deliver value for money.
- Assist Property Managers in compiling the annual Fabric maintenance budget, based upon an individual maintenance plan generated for each building. Ensure each Property Manager is monitoring expenditure against budget.
- Investigate defects, recommend remedial works and manage resulting project works.
- Provide Life Cycle budgeting and cost in use data.
- Review O&M Documentation ensuring updates after major alterations.
- Identify all maintenance requirements, incorporating into each property maintenance plan.
- Contribute generally to British Land vision, values and aims & objectives.
- Ensure that consistent best work practice is adopted across the portfolio.
- Carry out additional duties as may be agreed with the Senior Building Surveyor.
- NQ / 1 year PQE RICS
- Defect Investigation
- Project Management
- Technical Understanding
- Working at Height
- Professional approach
- Health & Safety
- Specification Writing
- Tender Management
- Contract Administration
- IT Skills
- Client experience
- Consultancy experience
- Professional service management
- Professional qualification
- Business Alignment
- Professional Integrity
- Unrivalled Customer Service
- Effective Communication
- Commercial Responsibility
- Results Orientated
- Impact & Influence
- Team Working
- Developing Self & Others
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture.
Bring your whole self
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual
- Treats everyone equally irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Listen & Understand
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Flexibility - able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure
Build for the future
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve