Property Surveyor Permanent, Tyne & Wear £35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a well-established, private-sector organisation who are looking to add to their Estates team. You will join a busy team, who work collaboratively with other offices across the country, and the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar type of role, able to use own initiative and take ownership of their own work-load.
Your new role
In your new role of Property Surveyor, you will be responsible for delivering a wide-range of property services, including regeneration projects, valuations, lettings and marketing, landlord and tenant, acquisitions, disposals, and property management.
- Delivery of statutory Asset Valuations for Accounting purposes
- Providing strategic property advice on high level Regeneration projects
- Provide a professional property service in relation to the management, acquisition and disposal of property and property related interests to the core client and additional external clients
- Maximising the performance of the Clients core operational and Non-operational portfolios
- Undertaking negotiations with public and private sector owners and developers
- Providing Landlord and Tenant advice on a range of property types
- Undertaking land and property valuations and disposals for a wide range of purposes
- Ensuring the delivery of Key Performance Indicators
- Writing and presenting reports, and attending key client meetings
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualifications, a degree in a property or related discipline, and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) OR working towards your APC.
- Experience of working in a property office environment
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Experience of working on high level projects
- Knowledge of the key issues and processes relating to property management and valuation
- Ability to survey land and property and to produce accurate plans
- Detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues and Case Law
- Experience of using a wide range of valuations methods and purposes
- Experience of property marketing
- Capable of interpreting Leases, deeds and other Property Agreements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.