Compulsory Purchase Surveyor
My client has a vacancy within their Compulsory Purchase Team, part of the Planning, Development and Regeneration business unit, based in London. Key projects currently include estate regeneration and mixed use regeneration projects across London, town centre residential/mixed-use schemes across the South East, infrastructure schemes, and claimants affected by a variety of schemes. The role requires a qualified surveyor with experience of land assembly and compulsory purchase for a range of projects, the wider development and property markets and understanding of the legal framework within which compulsory purchase is used. The successful candidate will provide clear compulsory purchase advice to guide acquiring authorities, developers and those affected by compulsory purchase throughout the process. The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other teams within the firm, or other members of the client team.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
You will assist the Head of Compulsory Purchase and other team members in advising clients to achieve their objectives. They will be involved in site assembly and compulsory purchase projects from conception through order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing estimates of compensation payable.
- Advising on compulsory purchase process and procedure/timescales.
- Pre-Order site assembly negotiations.
- Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authority.
- Preparing and negotiating compensation claims on behalf of claimants.
- Working with development, planning, financial consulting and other teams to deliver integrated client advice.
- Assisting with Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiry preparation as required.
- Managing clients / projects (dependant on experience).
- You will be expected to build and maintain good relationships with clients, and a network of other professionals involved in compulsory purchase.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor. You must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of compulsory purchase work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Numerate and analytical.
- Strong influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving/'Can-do' attitude.
- Wider planning/development/valuation experience preferred.
- RICS Registered Valuer helpful.
Please apply here or call me (Sam) for a discussion on:
020 7766 9065/07875 972 560
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter always on the lookout for strong candidates so if you, a friend or a colleague are looking for a role in General Practice please get in touch.