Reports to: Head of Operations
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 + RICS membership fees APCsupport
Hours: 40 hours
Direct Reports: TBA
External Relationships: Landlords, Tenants, FM team and third party suppliers.
To deliver and lead integrated estates management solutions across a region of properties in the commercial real estate sector.
The Estates Surveyor will be responsible for implementing best practice, as well as driving a high quality service. Ensuring estate management function/s are carried out at the highest level of quality and compliance.
Work closely with the senior management team to implement strong client focused reporting solutions and operational deliverables.
- Carry out Property/Asset management functions with support and guidance from senior management.
- Assist in client / landlord / tenant report generation.
- Ensure the properties inspected in accordance with insurance provision or client requirements.
- Implement and action lease events with support and guidance from senior management.
- Accountable for Tenants Feedback based on number of Helpdesk Tasks logged.
- Ensure maximum occupancy levels are maintained across the portfolio.
- Liaise with FM to ensure Health & Safety, Compliance and Statutory Audits are adhered to and actioned within appropriate timescales.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with Tenants, landlord operational teams, Helpdesk & Third party vendors.
- Manage and Maintain relationships with tenant representatives.
- Implement and manage performance improvements and customer satisfaction
- Assist the senior management team in the management and mobilisation of new property portfolios as and when required.
- To carry out property inspections prior to tenant occupation and vacating the property and assist FM team in undertaking property condition survey / dilapidations.
- Maintaining records and writing reports.
- Ensure all properties are maintained to a good standard and oversee any required maintenance activity including quality control.
- Develop relationships with key contractors / suppliers
Tasks identified as Critical.
- Assisting the Senior Management in general portfolio management and policy implementation.
- Assist in the implementation of all lease events with the support of senior management
- Contact point for tenant liaison and relationship management.
- Ensure third party vendors are adhering to the Planned Preventive Maintenance and Compliance Statutory obligations.
- Conduct regular Meetings with client representatives.
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, there may be instances where additional duties may be requested from your line manager.
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good financial acumen
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to delegate and prioritise effectively
- Ability to motivate and understand the strengths and weaknesses of a team
- Must be performance driven
- Self-motivated and able to work across a range of surveying functions
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Prepared to travel to regional offices
- Willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business
Each property requires a high quality management service, delivered in a tenant focused manner. In order to achieve this, you will be required to work as a part of a team with the 2-work departments and third party vendors, whilst ensuring both landlord and tenants are the forefront of all decisions. Therefore, you will be required to understand the following legislation and policies:
- RICS codes
- Health and Safety at work Act
- Company Health and Safety Policies
- Gas Safety Rules & Regulations
- Water Testing and Legionella
- Fire & Life Safety Rules & Regulations.
- Emergency and Crisis Management Planning
Ensure you familiarise yourself with the following:
- Company Policies
- Company Objectives
- HR Policies and Procedures.
- Communications Protocol
- Company Intranet and procedures
Behaviours and Attributes
2-work group ltd pride ourselves by the manner in which we work together as a team and by the pride we have collectively in the services we deliver. This is as a result of the culture which the company nurtures carefully and which is embraced in our Vision, Mission and Values; our Success Charter and Communications Protocol; our Personal Development and Annual Appraisal programme which binds all employees to work together to achieve a common ethos:
- To genuinely treat all clients the respect you would like to be treated and ‘day to day’ to engage effectively and be friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, courteous, positive and cheerful.
- To help deliver a culture where it becomes second nature to exceed client expectations by delivering a high quality customer focused service consistently
- To work flexibly beyond our job role but within the skill sets you have where this improves service levels to the customers
- To be a role model treating everyone fairly and consistently and by ‘pulling your weight’ and taking personal responsibility
- To prioritise a number of competing tasks to programmed deadlines, to deliver what is most important in the best manner possible within the resources available even when under pressure
- To embrace innovation and changes positively in relation to new initiatives in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- To attempt to reach your full potential by embracing our Personal Development and Annual Appraisal systems in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of the services we deliver
- To participate actively in training courses
- Be bold and speak up - tell your peers and line management where you have ideas to improve the service or where you feel the service is below standards and/or there are imbalances in the team’s efforts which could upset the equilibrium or where you see or experience anything which you feel is wrong such as bullying, harassment or discrimination
- To support any service failure issues by being proactive in coming up with ideas to resolve them quickly with minimal impact to customers.
- To co-operate proactively with quality audits and assessments to ensure any lessons learnt are fed back into methods to improve service levels and quality
- To make an effort to communicate well by adopting the Communication Protocol and reading the weekly bulletins and contributing positively at group meetings and in 1-2-1’s
- To follow guidance from line management and to supervise staff who you line manage to support achievement of these behavior’s and attributes
- To maintain strict confidentiality in relation to all tenant / landlord matters and their personal data