Development Manager - Later Living Development Company
Our client is seeking a proven Development Manager to ensure project plans and objectives, including financial, quality, safety and environmental performance for each later living development project are achieved. The Development Manager will take ownership of the schemes from post-acquisition and be responsible for preparing, submitting and obtaining planning consent on each scheme.
Our client is an innovative "later living" development and management company that has a very ambitious growth plan. They are the operations platform through which one of the UK's largest Financial Institution is delivering its urban later living across the UK, mainly in the South East.
They are looking to deliver schemes that enable residents to take full advantage of independence in their later life. These villages will be centrally located, encouraging integration with existing services and facilities. The development will engage with the local community and encourage family and inter-generational use through various amenities.
- Research the market, recommend and procure professional service providers within a set budget;
- Review and validate consultant advice;
- Provide internal appointment and project recommendations;
- Assist the Director of Development managing consultant project teams;
- Research current and emerging planning policy for specific projects and locations;
- Manage the preparation of a planning submission to an agreed programme;
- Review project goals, understand risks and constraints and raise concerns to the Director of Development;
- Monitor the project appraisal and update it as required;
- Undertake design optimisation reviews;
- Review design options and issues; undertake cost benefit analysis;
- Identify, monitor and mitigate key risks;
- Manage the project in line with the project masterplan and report against the programme regularly;
- Monitor performance of external consultants against set objectives and report concerns to the Director of Development;
- Monitor costs against budget and assist with invoice approvals;
- Undertake special projects non project related to support the Development Team function;
- Provide regular, accurate and timely management reporting.
In order to be considered you must possess a strong knowledge of the planning policy on residential schemes and have worked across the South East region on projects in excess of
- MRICS qualified Development Manager with a demonstrable track record of taking projects from post-acquisition through to achieving planning consent;
- Proficient in undertaking appraisals and managing cash-flows;
- Review project goals, anticipate associated risks and address them with the Director;
- Able to produce a key milestone programme for each project and possess a good understanding of residential design principles;
- Able to demonstrate managing planning application submissions and a good knowledge of current planning policy;
- Able to interpret and interrogate programmes and understanding business and financial metrics;
- Able to interpret legal "development" contracts and have a good understanding of local and regional residential sales values.
A very competitive salary and good benefits and bonus package.