Construction Quantity Surveyor
Sea Change Sussex
The Economic Regeneration Company for East Sussex
Post of Construction Quantity Surveyor
Initial Salary circa £65k
The core activity
Delivery of an ongoing investment programme of comprehensive development of major business parks and town centre locations, including offsite infrastructure, business and other premises for letting and sale.
- Owned and managed sites with a capacity for over one million square feet and a retained portfolio of over 100,000 square feet.
- Site serviced and connected to new strategic road networks along the growth corridors of East Sussex.
- Further highways infrastructure being directly delivered by Sea Change Sussex.
- A family of office and business centres recently completed at Sovereign Harbour Innovation Park (Eastbourne), Bexhill Enterprise Park and Havelock Place – the latest phase of offices in the Priory Quarter Business District.
- Rolling out the next phases of Sovereign Harbour Innovation Park and Bexhill Enterprise Park and the Priory Quarter central business district of Hastings
- A five-year development programme delivered under the east Sussex Strategic Growth project.
Areas of experience
- Managing and delivering construction projects using corporate project methodology and best practice in order to ensure that projects meet time, budgets and quality requirements.
- Setting up effective project governance and producing project management documentation ensuring effective project reporting and delivery.
- Identifying, assessing and managing project risks and issues, development of contingency plans.
- Responsible for managing project budget, preparing project reports and reporting to Board on a quarterly basis.
- Appointment of external consultants and contractors, preparation of contract documents and tender documentation.
- Monitoring contractors’ performance throughout construction including attendance at all site meetings and carrying out necessary reporting.
An experienced, highly motivated Principal Quantity Surveyor to undertake a full range of duties including contract administration and employer’s agent. The candidate should be willing to work with the minimum of supervision in a small multi-disciplinary team. Including supporting the estate management surveyors in a facilities management role and in the preparation of appropriate documentation for investment sales of developed properties.
Ideally, we are looking for an applicant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quantity surveyor/project management role. A building construction related degree, Quantity Surveyor and MRICS qualifications.
Applicants should submit their C.V. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.