Director Capital Raising
The company is seeking to appoint a Capital Raising Director, a real estate professional with a proven track record of raising capital from institutional investors. The individual will initially work with the external fund placement agency team but with the eventual aim of bringing fund-raising activities in-house.
The requirement is for a 'hunter gatherer' who will bring in new clients/relationships, with a strong network and a good track record of raising equity capital from institutional investors. The ideal candidate is likely to have 8-12 years of capital raising experience within real estate/real assets. He or she will be an entrepreneurial self-starter with high EQ and excellent listening skills as well as the technical understanding to talk with authority about the investment strategy and articulate the opportunity in relation to a range of real estate investment vehicles.
Reporting to the European Director of Real Estate and supporting all aspects of capital raising, client servicing and marketing for LPs based in EMEA and for European strategies, the Capital Raising Director will be responsible for:
- Investor and product research
- Making contact with and developing relationships with institutional investors with a view to attracting investment
- Maintaining day-to-day contact with new and existing clients, responding to queries, organising and hosting client events
- CRM Management and internal management reporting
- Overseeing the creating of investor presentations, marketing materials and internal communications
- Co-ordinating investment reporting and any fund-related activities.
The individual must have/be:
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in real estate investment
- Degree from a top tier University (2.1 minimum)
- Experience in capital raising for real assets
- Good knowledge of Salesforce, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communications and project management skills
- Highly motivated and capable of working independently
- Fluency in German or Italian as well as English would be advantageous
- The energy and personality to open doors and build relationships
- Ability to assess investor needs and appetites and to 'join the dots', representing all of the real estate vehicles as appropriate
- D desire, drive and ability to build a strong investor network in new directions where no current relationships exist
- Engaging and personable team player with a collegiate mind-set
- Candidates with relationships in/working knowledge of the German or Italian markets are at a strong advantage.