Senior Building Surveyor - Local Authority - 39-41k + Excellent Benefits
Senior Building Surveyor - Leicestershire Local Authority
Rare opportunity to come and join a local authority at this level within a property team and manage a team. Great opportunity for any senior surveyor looking to move out of the treadmill of private practice and make a difference in a local authority.
£39,782 to £41,675.
Fantastic pension & benefits
Client has set out the job details in their own words below. If you would like any further information I know this authority well as I have worked with them before many times.
Purpose of the Job:
To manage and lead the Operations Team to ensure that the Council property portfolio supports the delivery of the Council's strategic aims and objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
To assist in the development and implementation of the Asset Management Plan to ensure that the property portfolio is fit for purpose within funding limitations.
To maximise revenue income from the Councils investment portfolio and manage the Councils property investment strategy.
* Lead the delivery of corporate property projects providing strategic co-ordination in procurement, stakeholder liaison, budget management and implementation through to completion
* Lead the management of the Councils Property portfolio, ensuring that the correct maintenance plans are in place to manage the portfolio effectively and efficiently to meet all statutory compliance requirements
* Implement strategic and service related plans for all property matters that align with the Council's corporate strategic aims and objectives. Ensure once implemented, service plans are monitored and evaluated to identify, analyse and respond to changing strategic direction and performance requirements
* Provide advice to the Portfolio holder, Members and Cabinet on all aspects of the management of the Property portfolio and best practice in corporate asset management, explicitly reviewing the need to retain or improve assets for strategic purposes and improved service delivery
* Lead and manage the team to ensure tenants comply with the requirements as set out in their lease to guarantee compliance with legislation and regulation, and that the Council makes best use of its assets
* Take the lead in ensuring the condition of the Council's property is accurately recorded and regularly assessed for fitness and purpose. Oversee the programming of repairs and maintenance to improve the condition and maintain the value of Council assets
* Ensure cost-effective arrangements are in place for the preparation and commissioning of small to medium sized capital projects, with appropriate procurement processes that deliver on target and within budget and are compliant with Council procedures and Local Government regulations. Ensure work is completed within Corporate governance and risk management frameworks to demonstrate services are robust, transparent and can withstand challenge and scrutiny
* Report to and attend meetings of the Council, Cabinet, Scrutiny Panels and Committees as required to enable timely decision making in compliance with the Council's Constitution
* Manage and develop a motivated staff team, ensuring service objectives are met and service standards are delivered that meet customer needs.
* Manage delegated budgets and ensure effective financial planning and monitoring in accordance with the Council's Financial Procedure rules. Manage any approved grants, develop appropriate bids to maximise funding opportunities and respond to budget pressures.
* Deputise for the Head of Property Services to ensure continuity of the 'Corporate Property Officer' role.
Qualifications Professional qualification (or equivalent experience) in the Built Environment -
eg. RICS, CIOB, BIFM
Experience Proven track record of managing and leading multi-disciplinary project teams
Proven track record of successfully managing a multi-site estate Experience of managing and monitoring commissioned services
Successful track record of establishing and maintaining partnership working that has led to tangible improvements in service delivery.