Regional Client Side Building Surveyor
We are working on an exciting Regional client-side Building Surveying vacancy for a renowned London Property owner. You will manage your own team and have flexible home working when required. You will be responsible for a portfolio running along the M4 corridor, delivering on some very exciting and varied projects on a diverse portfolio.
You will be working directly for the client, leading the provision of Regional Building Surveying services, providing professional & technical guidance, developing robust maintenance and renewal plans, and developing projects up to the value of 500k.
As the regional Building Surveyor, you will be accountable for
- Leading and effectively managing inhouse building surveyors and external consultants within the region.
- Providing clear and professional technical advice in relation to
- Programme and implement asset condition surveys, make recommendations for renewal and repair work when necessary.
- Professionally manage and scope, specification, peer reviews & safe delivery of the regional maintenance, renewal and enhancement projects within agreed time and cost.
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with support consultants, contractors and other external stakeholders to ensure effective programme delivery.
- CDM Regulations to be carried out at appropriate points of the delivery process.
- Expected to represent the client, designer and principal designer on behalf of the company.
- Provide regular management reporting on the regional construction & maintenance team performance.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in building/ construction.
- MRICS/ MCIOB qualified or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of CDM and construction industry safety requirements.
- 5 years post demonstratable posy qualification experience of property maintenance/ renewals and/ or enhancement projects and programmes. #a working knowledge of planning and landlords & tenant legislation.
- Experience of appointing and managing consultants and leading in those colleagues.
- Excellent communication and customer skills.
- Strong IT skills, specifically EXCELL & word and a working knowledge of MS project.
- FULL DRIVING LICENCE.
- Understanding of railway and safety regime.
- Experience in use of NBS or other similar specification packages.
- Experience of working on heritage building.
If you are a highly motivated Building Surveyor who enjoys a good work/life balance and perhaps wants to progress your career even further, then please apply within.