Senior Building Surveyor
My client is a small private consulting firm with big ambition, based in North London. Their clients typically come from Greater London and the Home Counties. For the most part, we help them with their residential maintenance, refurbishment and insurance reinstatement projects. They are committed to being thorough, reliable and friendly in their dealings and communications with all the stakeholders involved.
Reporting into the Managing Director you will act as a Senior Building Surveyor, responsible for delivering residential maintenance, refurbishment and insurance reinstatement projects. This role would suit an experienced Senior Building Surveyor, who is looking to be a part of a team that is dynamic, flexible, forward-thinking and committed to achieving growth and expanding my client's excellent reputation.
The range of responsibilities are as follows:
- Project preparation and feasibility assessments, condition and building surveys, schedules of condition, defects diagnosis and building pathology, planned maintenance surveys, insurance claim validation works, cost appraisals, budget costing reports, contract specifications, building works specification and design, advice on appropriate repairs and compile detailed work scopes/tenders.
- Carry out a proportion of Party wall work within the practice, maintaining & developing new strategic relationships
- Liaise with, and engage with COM. and other H&S consultants
- Complete payment applications, contract certification, variations, final accounts etc.
- Team guidance and motivation
You will (ideally) be MRICS Chartered Building Surveyor with 3-5 years PQE and have worked in a commercial firm with experience of residential and commercial properties.
Skills & experience needed for this role:
- General technical Building Surveying capabilities
- Good experience of specification writing, contract administration work and building contracts is essential
- A good understanding of The Party Wall Etc Act 1996 and working with both building owners and adjoining owners
- Highly organised, with an ability to work on your own initiative & commercially focused prioritisation skills
- Ability to motivate and guide the team to achieve their work within agreed time frames.
- Your excellent communication skills together with an ability to see different points of view will allow you to deliver a client-focused exceptional service.
- Desire to progress within the business
This is a permanent opportunity paying up to £55,000 dependent on experience & qualification
- Holiday entitlement is 31 days (including statutory bank holiday)
- Flexible working
- Travel expenses
- Training & qualification expenses
To apply to this role please click the link below, or for more information please contact Charlotte Jacovou at Oyster Partnership.