Residential Property Manager
Our client, a renowned International Property Consultancy, is looking for a Residential Property Manager to join the team.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of residential elements of a vibrant mixed-use portfolio for a prominent client. You will therefore be a crucial part of a wider team dedicated to this client, liaising closely to ensure consistently high service levels. This wider team includes Client Directors, Commercial Property Managers, site teams (Estate manager, Assistant Building Manager & Residential Estate Coordinator) and Client Accountants. The team also has access to administrative support.
This role is client facing and in addition to colleagues will involve regular liaison with clients, tenants, contractors and other property agents.
Day to day management of the residential elements of West End mixed-use portfolio (mixed tenure – AST Protected Tenants, Long Leaseholders, Head Leases, etc.) for a corporate client.
• Client reporting
• Tenancy Schedule/Database Maintenance
• Major works etc.
• Ongoing maintenance issues
• Attending regular client and project meetings as necessary
• Pre Tenancy works & liaising with letting agents
• Lease maintenance (change notes)
• Credit Control
• Rent Raising – checking and confirming monthly/quarterly rents
• Rent Reviews
• Rent deposit management
• Arranging access as and when required
• Liaising with Site teams for reactive works (flat and common areas)
• Working with site team on key handling and management
• Carrying out ‘Check outs’ at the end of a tenancy and agreeing and
finalising deposit releases
• Point of contact for tenant, client, contractors & agents
• Fair Rent Application for protected tenants
• Health & Safety/Statutory compliance
• Landlord & Tenant:
• Completion of Leasehold Enquires (pack) in a timely manner
• Dealing with applications for Licenses to Alter from Leaseholders
• Dealing with applications for sales, liaising with clients & solicitors
• Dealing with applications for leaseholder extensions
• Service charge
• Serving and managing Section 20 process/notices with clients and their surveyors
- Programming and specifying internal works (with client and estate manager)
- Agreeing S/C budgets with the commercial management & accounting team
- Compiling and sending out S/C budget packs
- Agreeing reconciliation
- Site meetings with tenants, contractors and client – majority of properties are located in West End and all within a short tube journey.
- Manage own fee raising and payment
- Out of hours calls – passing relevant works to contractor or site team
- 3-4 years UK residential management experience (including block management)
- AssocRICS/ARLA/ARMA or equivalent a benefit
- Able to build and maintain client relationships
- Maintain property management & legal knowledge in order to make recommendations to clients
- Understand and grow knowledge of clients’ investment objectives
- Understand the principles of lease structure and able to read and understand a range of leases
- Able to apply legal principles to tenant applications
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements including terms of lease
- Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods
- ble to delegate, supervise and develop junior members of staff
For more details, please upload your CV and contact Alex Suzanne on 0203 745 7074.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all.
Apply for Residential Property Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly