Surveyor to Senior Surveyor - Development and Valuation Consultancy
Real Estate Consultancy
Development and Valuation Consultancy, Surveyor or Senior Surveyor. London, UK
Our client has been providing expert advice in the property sector for nearly 100 years.
They are proud of that heritage - just as they are proud of our reputation as a highly professional firm of chartered surveyors and property consultants. They do not stand still and are forever adapting, constantly looking at innovative ways to service our clients and deliver forward thinking solutions.
Through their office network they are involved in some of the largest commercial, residential and mixed-use property projects in the UK today. Partners at the firm have a hands-on style of working and are personally involved at all stages of a project - from inception to completion and beyond - making critical decisions that ensure the best possible outcome for our clients each and every time. They are totally committed and always direct. In a world where loyalty is rare, their approach has enabled client relationships to be formed and maintained for many years.
The role will involve working on key national infrastructure projects, town centre and brownfield regeneration schemes and in conjunction with site specific development projects.
This will give you experience across all sectors of the market, and a wide variety of businesses affected by regeneration schemes.
This will provide significant all round valuation experience and the ability to enhance technical knowledge and experience in a rapidly expanding area of work and with the opportunity to work directly with clients and fellow consultants.
Working with key clients, you would have exposure to the following:
- Infrastructure - HS2, Network Rail, Transport for London
- Local authorities - Bromley, Lewisham and Thurrock.
- Private sector land owners and occupiers – for example, Legal & General, Lendlease, Sainsbury’s, McDonalds, Specsavers and Alliance Boots.
Day to day
- Undertaking valuations to Market Value for both Red Book and Land Compensation Act purposes. Valuation of rights, easements and restrictive covenants.
- Assessments of site value using development appraisals and associated software.
- Business valuations and relocation based appraisals.
- Report writing and formulation of compensation claims
- Assisting with dispute resolution processes and the drafting of Expert reports.
- Negotiating claims including value, cost and loss based assessments.
- Undertaking cost estimates for land assembly purposes and working up acquisition strategies.
- Working closely with fellow consultants including solicitors, accountants, project managers and engineers. Close liaison with and reporting to in-house property teams.
- Valuation of standing investments and development sites for both acquisition and disposal purposes, including appraisals using Argus Investor and Argus Developer software;
- Valuation of rights, including marriage and ransom value assessments;
- Claim preparation and negotiation on behalf of owners and occupiers;
- Responding to claims and advising acquiring authorities on appropriate compensation amounts;
- Preparing Property Costs Estimates and Land Acquisition Strategies
- Engagement and consultation with affected interested parties on behalf of acquiring authorities
- Attending client meetings and site inspections – for acquiring authorities and claimants
- Technical knowledge in the field of compulsory purchase and compensation, including Statute and Case Law (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to competently use Argus Investor and Argus Developer software
- Strong research and reporting skills for both capital value and goodwill disturbance assessments
- Organisational and project management skills to manage large long-running projects such as HS2 and communicate effectively.
- Ability to liaise and work with fellow professionals such as lawyers, project managers, engineers and accountants, as well as, public sector bodies, small business and individuals (home owners).
- Negotiation skills to bring about resolution to claims.
- Flexible and able to manage and advance a number of cases simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with high service delivery.
- Committed and organised.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all.