Reference number - 2413 - 2977
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - Band 10 £34,787 - £38,813 p.a.
Job type/hours - Permanent, Full time - 37 hours per week
Closing date - Midnight on Sunday 2nd June 2019
Interview date - Week commencing Monday 10th June 2019
Portsmouth has big regeneration plans and to deliver these needs highly motivated property professionals. The Property & Investment services needs to grow its resource to be able to support these ambitious plans.
The Property and Investment Team sits within the Council's Regeneration Directorate and manages and maintains the authority's multi-million pound property portfolio. The team also provides professional general practice property expertise to the authorities' regeneration and capital projects.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of property professionals, you will be required to provide expertise and advice on all property development related matters working flexibly according to business needs and the diverse portfolio. Specifically the postholder will be required to:
- Assist with the delivery of the Council's regeneration plans
- Identify opportunities for development, and undertake options appraisals for development, disposal and or acquisitions.
- Undertaking valuations and appraisals on a case by case basis.
- Negotiate disposals and acquisitions in support of Council strategies.
- Provide professional services under contract for other authorities
We're looking for a Chartered Surveyor, who is highly motivated and keen to learn, with a strong commercial focus on achieving results. If you have knowledge of property investment and development matters and experience of undertaking Red Book valuations on a variety of property types please apply.
For further information please read the full job profile. If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call Tom Southall 023 9283 4289.