Manager - Building Services
A local authority based in Bedfordshire are currently seeking an experienced Manager to come in and manage, coordinate and control the work of Design, Building Works, Home Improvement and Facilities at the Council. The role will be to supply a professional building surveying, architectural design, contract management and building services to the Council and external clients.
About the role:
- Lead, organise, prioritise and manage the Design, Building Works, Home Improvement and Facilities Management teams.
- Lead in the provision of a professional consultancy service including the following disciplines; architectural, building surveying, contract and project management, building services; for both internal and external clients
- Lead and project management activities
- Prepare design solutions that utilise best practice, materials and concepts that achieve efficient, sustainable and cost effective solutions
- Allocate resources to the teams to ensure that programmes of work are delivered on time, to budget and to the required specification
- Develop project briefs, designs, specifications, prepare contract documents, procure and supervise and project manage building related projects
- Programme projects to ensure completion within budget and to meet programme targets
- Provision of a staff restaurant, or an alternative food and beverage service for staff, that requires no budget subsidy (both direct and indirect costs)
- Provision of Facilities Management functions at the Council's operational buildings.
- Manage and develop the Council's branded economic development sites including i-Lab, i-Kan and i-Create and to lead successful delivery of the externally funded i-Worx engineering focused industrial unit development;
- Qualified Building Surveyor or Registered Architect (Registered with the Architects Registration Board) / Chartered Architect (Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects) or equivalent
- Experience of professional design and contract management duties in relation to property management
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and demonstrable evidence of currency of this knowledge
- Working knowledge of all relevant Standards and Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and Planning Regulations
- Computer literate with a demonstrable understanding of CAD including examples of its application
The position will run until at least the end of October 2019 with a posibility of extension and the rate is upwards of £500 a day.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please do get in touch. It is with a local authority I have been working with for a while now and know well. Should you be looking for positions more generally in the Midlands area, I would love to hear from you, and be happy to advise on the market at present.