Buildings & Capital Works Manager
7 days left
- Job Position
Buildings & Capital Works Manager, Edinburgh or Perth
£41,425 - £45,126, plus benefits
Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) is an agency of Scottish Government and manages the National Forest Estate. We manage land and forestry on behalf of Scottish Ministers and serve as part of the Environment and Forestry Directorate of Scottish Government.
Our estate comprises of not only beautiful woodlands but also recreation facilities and visitor centres, houses, offices, workshops and stores, located in some of Scotland’s most stunning landscapes. Our objective is to sensitively manage these properties, to ensure they are maintained appropriately, provide good value and meet the business requirements of Forestry and Land Scotland.
The key responsibilities for the role will include:
• To manage and deliver maintenance, compliance and capital programmes for buildings across the National Forest Estate;
• To manage financial budgets, to undertake financial planning, monitoring, reporting and to meet our assurance framework requirements;
• Ensure all built estate risks are identified, quantified, managed or escalated in a timely manner;
• To provide an asset management approach for long term whole life cycle planning for our buildings;
• To act as the ‘expert’ in the field, offering guidance and advice to all other staff on property related matters. Make authoritative recommendations to the Head of Fleet and Buildings and Lead Area Land Agent in respect of changes to legislative requirements and rationalisation of the building portfolio;
• Ensure compliance of our buildings under all legislation, regulation and policy obligations;
• Prepare Project Brief’s for all capital projects and ensure they are project managed through to completion;
• Procure and manage contract frameworks and external consultants where necessary in order assist in delivery of the programme. To include setting up of consultancy agreements with various suppliers.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website using the 'Apply' button.
Please quote ref 1633304.
Closing date: 3 June 2019 at 23:59
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.