Faithful+Gould is part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, the largest multi-disciplinary consultant in the UK. We are an international company with a great reputation for delivering construction projects and consultancy services to clients worldwide.
Join us and you’ll benefit from our unrivalled investment in training and development to ensure you gain the skills you need and grow your contribution to the industry.
Within our Cambridge office we are growing our diverse and collaborative team, and currently have an opening for a Building Surveyor role. This role will help further enhance our client focused delivery approach.
We are looking for a Building Surveyor to work alongside our Senior Building Surveyor and Associate Director based in Cambridge. You will have the opportunity to work with our clients across Cambridgeshire and the surrounding regions. Your projects will be primarily in the Education and Residential sectors with exposure to Commercial Property, Science & Innovation and Heritage. These projects range from £250,000 – £350 million in value.
This is an interesting role offering the ideal person a unique opportunity to grow and develop your career.
In this role you will have the opportunity to travel to Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, and on occasion work with our colleagues in our NEW London HQ.
What we are looking for:
The preferred candidate will have demonstrable communication skills and will be keen to use your initiative in your new role. Some experience of client facing duties and managing projects with minimal assistance from senior members of the team is expected. The ideal candidate should be working toward their APC Final Assessment or recently passed.
Ideally you will apply a focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients. You will be punctuality and demonstrate commitment to get the job done.
You will join our growing team of enthusiastic and motivated surveyors and project managers based in Cambridge. Ideally you will be from a consultancy background and familiar with the varied work environments of office, site and client locations.
1. Support the Senior Building Surveyor and Associate Director in delivery of a large education programme.
2. Undertake a wide range of building surveying duties under your own steam throughout Cambridge team.
3. Learn and understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment
4. Learn and apply the corporate governance and quality assurance procedures across all aspects of your work
5. Contribute to the wider team of Surveyors and Project Managers and collaborate across all projects
6. Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, professional services etc
1. Experience in condition surveys of education buildings
2. Experience in contract administration
3. Competent survey technique
4. Planning & Building Control Applications
5. Client facing experience
6. An ability to manage your time
7. IT literate –a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages including MS Project, AutoCAD and Revit
8. Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
9. A sound technical surveying knowledge, demonstrating growing experience and ability
10. Awareness of your limitations and when to ask for assistance from more senior staff
11. A professional manner and outlook
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould is an accredited Investor In People.
The SNC-Lavalin Group offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.