Team Leader - Building Surveying
1 day left
- Job Position
In line with our growth strategy for 2019, Faithful+Gould have a great opportunity for a Managing Surveyor / Associate Director to lead the Building Surveying team within our Southampton office. The opportunity would be ideal for someone who is looking for a management position that still allows for hands-on delivery of building surveying projects and professional services. The opportunity will be focussed around furthering existing client relationships and driving further growth and technical acumen in our current team, currently enjoying great success across multiple sectors within the region.
The successful candidate will be supported by and work closely with the office Directors and existing building surveying team to deliver the business plan, satisfy existing client requirements and secure new business opportunities for Faithful+Gould. The Southampton office is an important part of the Faithful+Gould UK business with a clear growth strategy and a great team ethic already established.
The Southampton Building Surveying team is connected well into our wider building surveying operations, allowing support and collaboration with over 160 Building Surveying colleagues nationwide. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to bring their own skills, network and personality to take forward a growing team in a positive, professional and collaborative environment.
- MRICS or FRICS qualified Building Surveyor with extensive post qualification experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering large consultancy services to the Building Surveying market
- Ability to contribute towards securing new business opportunities for Faithful+Gould
- Knowledge of the local markets, including Hampshire, Dorset and Sussex, will be advantageous but not essential
- Key Client Account Management
- Prior experience of leading and motivating successful teams
- Full Driving licence and ability/willingness to be mobile across Hampshire, Dorset and Sussex (with ad-hoc travel to other Faithful+Gould offices as required).
- Oversee the Southampton office’s building surveying delivery to existing and new clients
- Manage a team ranging from graduates to managing building surveyors
- Continue to provide a working environment which encourages delivery excellence and allows team members to realise their full potential
- Work with management team to meet/exceed budget targets
- Liaise with wider Faithful+Gould business around building surveying best practice and new business opportunities
- Develop new business and repeat business from existing clients within region
- Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the Faithful+Gould business
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.