Property Development Manager
Interim role - Property Development Manager - Public Sector Organisation - up to £500 p/day - Argus experience
Your new company
On behalf of our client, a public sector organisation based in South London, Hays Property& Surveying are now looking for an experienced Property Development Manager, to join on an ongoing contractual basis.
You will work as part of an existing team of professionals and a wider consultant team who are collaboratively working on different regeneration projects.
Your new role
- To provide technical expertise, analysis and interpretation of property, housing and commercial matters relating to the project and to formulate solutions and implement recommendations.
- To interpret financial and development viability reports, analyse the results, recommend and deliver actions for the benefit of the project.
- To participate in complex commercial negotiations between parties, including landowners, to build and maintain strong relationships.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that all processes and decisions are communicated and carried out efficiently and effectively.
- To demonstrate strong negotiation skills, managing conflict, understanding and conveying difficult decisions due to the potential impact of land assembly and regeneration on existing residents and businesses, and the financial investments into the organisation.
- To establish, build and manage relationships with necessary internal and external stakeholders and consultants.
- To work at a senior level with the procurement and legal teams to provide advice and ensure all necessary procurement and tender documentation related to the project is reviewed and completed in time and in accordance with the programme.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be experienced in property and development financing, ideally having been involved in projects with joint venture delivery structures and multi-phased developments with mixed-use housing and commercial elements.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Be educated to degree level, with a professional qualification in property, engineering or construction, ideally RICS or equivalent.
- Up to date and demonstrable knowledge of property, infrastructure and development industries in the UK.
- Strong understanding of relevant technical matters, especially project finance (use of ARGUS Developer or similar is essential ), land assembly, planning and legal agreements, procurement, the processes and procedures associated with these matters and their commercial impacts on the delivery of the project.
- Sound knowledge of all facets of the design and construction process, particularly for multi-phased mixed use developments.
- An understanding and appreciation of the contractual relationships between parties (land owners, local authority, tenants, funders and banks).
- Experience working for a local authority
- Experience dealing with housing stock mainly, as well as commercial.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be working for a well-established public sector organisation, will benefit from a competitive daily rate and the opportunity to work on a challenging role.
You'll benefit from a long term contract, and work within a team of friendly, like minded professionals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.