Senior Quantity Surveyor
1 day left
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor working within Rail or Infrastructure? Or maybe you're an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is ready to make the jump to Senior. Maybe you're stuck working within an organisation that are full of empty promises and mediocre project work - keep reading this could be the perfect role for you!!
A top, leading consultancy firm are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to deliver commercial management services for individual projects and to act as the ambassador with the client organisations. You will work within the project team on multiple projects in the rail sector and support/advise on all commercial issues within projects! You will be based from the fantastic Birmingham office.
Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events and final accounts.
- Preparation and management of claims including extensions of time.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Management of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation
- Engagement and management of subcontractors and subconsultants.
- Administration of subcontractor/subconsultant accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation
- Ensure the correct project records are maintained to substantiate claims and change notifications.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained
Requirements of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor or working towards becoming chartered
- Fully conversant in NEC contracts
- Pre contract experience - ESSENTIAL
- Exposure to the Rail / Civils / Infrastructure environment with a recognisable organisation
Benefits for the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Great central location
- Amazing team with a fantastic mentor
- Great exposure and opportunity to work on projects from cradle to grave
- Very competitive salary and benefits package
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly