Assistant Cost Consultant
Are you an Assistant Cost Consultant working within Civils? Based in Belfast or looking to relocate? If you have experience within Water, Power or Highways sectors and have exposure of working within consultancy or client side then this could be the perfect role for you!!
A top, leading consultancy firm are seeking an Assistant Cost Consultant to deliver commercial management services for the infrastructure team and to act as the ambassador with the client organisations.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events and final accounts.
- Preparation and management of claims including extensions of time.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Management and administration in line with protocols and contractual obligations, uploading and removing documents, granting access requests and managing user accounts, running reports, etc.
- Reviewing of options for the provision of effective management of information required for assurance and due diligence, through improved processes and / or alternative platforms.
- Negotiating cost effective, value for money service arrangements, and assuring payments made.
- Other ad hoc tasks for the Head of ICD, the Finance Director and other senior level stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained
Requirements of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Experience of co-ordinating due diligence processes and an up to date knowledge of the tools that can be used to facilitate this.
- Experience in a similar role in either a technical advisory organisation, accounting firm or as a para-legal in a law firm.
- Strong organisation, administrative and analytical skills with the ability to convey results in a clear and concise way.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A strong academic record with good numerical skills.
- Previous experience in developing relationships with stakeholders and delivering high quality work on time.
- Ability to manage and analyse data and information using Microsoft Excel and other analytical software.
Benefits for the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Great central location
- Amazing team with a fantastic mentor
- Great exposure and opportunity to work on major projects
- Very competitive salary and benefits package
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.