Building Surveyor - APC or MRICS
We are seeking a Building Surveyor to join our Building Surveying team, which is crucial to our ongoing projects and growth. We are looking to appoint someone who fits the company’s culture and ethos, so we can continue to provide excellent service standards and maintain high client satisfaction.
We are interested in hearing from Building Surveyors at varying levels, from individuals with strong pre-qualified experience who are confident in managing the below responsibilities, to fully RICS qualified surveyors.
As a Building Surveyor, you'll need to have experience in carrying out the following:
- Building Surveys
- Home buyer Reports
- Party Wall matters
- Specific Defect Reports
- Re-instalment valuations
- Fire risk assessments
Additionally, you will be expected to:
- Assist in overseeing projects of up to £3 Million pounds in value to completion on budget and to schedule.
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determine requirements.
- Assist with preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
- Organise documents for tender and advice on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
- Instruct on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Deal with planning applications and advise on property legislation and building regulations.
- Assess and design buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
You will need to have:
- Technical knowledge and competence.
- A logical and practical mind.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Negotiation, presentation and report writing skills.
- The ability to analyse problems in order to identify solutions.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to clients' businesses.
- The ability to take on high levels of responsibility with enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good IT skills.
- A full driving licence and your own car.
- Competitive salary
- 23 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays.
- Full cost of CPD training covered with support and training from a qualified Associate Director and a Director who is an RICS Assessor.
Whether you are fully qualified or are currently working towards your APC, you will have full training and constant guidance to achieve your goal with continued support from the team thereafter.
If this role is of interest to you or you wish to find out more, contact Joanna on 020 8858 9303 or email@example.com