We are currently looking to appoint a Building Surveyor at our Market Harborough office. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to join our progressive team and work with us to develop our lively, proactive and client focused consultancy.
YMD Boon is a high profile independent, multi-professional consultancy practice; with a 50 year heritage. We are a multi-disciplinary consultancy business providing solutions from architectural design, building surveying, project management, quantity surveying, maintenance and health and safety.
We have significant presence within the Education sector and a detailed knowledge of funding streams, government policy, education guidelines and initiatives related to the various types of educational establishment.
- Refurbishment works and maintenance advice
- Building condition surveys
- Preparation of specifications and schedules of work
- Contract administration including drafting of standard contract forms
- Deal with works in conjunction with a party wall act
- Project management of new build and refurbishment projects
- Preparation of tender drawings
- Build strong relationships with clients.
Key skills and experience:
- MRICS is advantageous or a strong APC candidate
- BSc or MSc in Building Surveying
- Practical understanding of commercial property
- Ideally experience of working with projects from within the Education Sector
- Ability to strategically approach problem solving
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Full UK driving licence
- Proficient user of Autocad and standard Microsoft Word packages
Work-life balance is key to effective and sustained service delivery. We encourage staff to engage with charity, sports, and community and company events. We have a communication ethos which is responsive to each member of staff and their needs. All our staff are valued equally and we maintain a flexible approach to developing your skills, encouraging career development and addressing personal needs.
We offer competitive salaries respecting your skills and experience in addition to the following:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 21 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Additional discretionary Christmas leave each year, usually between 3 and 5 days depending on how Christmas falls.
- Professional subscriptions
- Company mobile phone
- Health cash plan
- High street discounts
- Health and wellbeing support
- Subsidised social events
- Private office car parking
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter using the application form below.