Development Surveyor - nationwide consultancy - Temp/Perm contract
Highly reputable and forward-thinking nationwide property firm are looking to recruit an experienced Development Surveyor. As part of a team focused on formulating and implementing development strategies through appraisal of the prospects of planning success for a specific proposal for a site you will be delivering an overall assessment of development potential that includes viability and valuation input., running development and viability appraisals, and maintaining client relationships.
You will be involved in a wide range of development projects in London and the South East, focussing on scheme inception up to the start of construction. Taking responsibility for a number of instructions, you will be responsible for disposals, project management, undertaking development and option appraisals, preparing clear reports to be issued to clients and providing advice and recommendations in relation to ongoing projects. also identifying the critical policy and design issues likely to affect the development potential of sites and buildings and in advising how these should be addressed. Some experience of S.106 and other planning and development tariffs (including affordable housing) would be highly desirable.
- Min. 2 years in development
- Experienced in modelling for viability/scheme appraisal
- Knowledge of Section 106 (S.106) agreements/negotiations (preferable but not essential)
- Some experience of disposal of affordable units to an RP including negotiation of the specification advantageous
- Client-facing demeanour with the ability to communicate effectively with clients/co-workers at all levels and project your ideas confidently
This is an challenging, newly-created role which has been created to sit in a prestigious and well-established team. Excellent prospects for progression with a structured career-path will be offered to the successful candidate. Our client is also open to taking someone on on a fixed-term contract if they are here on a visa or on-going temp/perm contract.