Director of Capital Projects
Riverview recruitment is delighted to be working with Royal Free London (RFL) Property Services to appoint a Director of Capital Projects. This is an exciting time for the trust and the role is an integral part of the transformational change that is afoot.
Formed in 2018, RFL Property Services (RFLPS) is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Free London Group (RFLG). Following formation RFLPS has embarked on a journey of transformational change in the way estate services are delivered within the NHS. As the leader for delivery of instructed capital projects you will play a key role in defining the future direction of the company and achievement of its objectives.
You will need to be creative and flexible as you will participate in the evolution of RFLPS, working to define and deliver a ground breaking service that overcomes traditional organisational boundaries and focuses on the highest standards of operational performance, compliance and commercial efficiency.
Through effective stewardship you will take responsibility for developing and maintaining a high performing team with the capability and capacity to achieve their goals and ensuring professional consultancy advice and support is provided to all customers to allow them to make educated and informed decisions.
You will be accountable for the development, maintenance and implementation of cohesive and affordable capital investment programmes that meet the strategic ambitions and operational needs of RFLG and all their operational sites and other RFLPS customers and delivers on agreed outcomes and benefits, ensuring early warning systems are in place to when those outcomes and benefits are at risk.
Work closely with RFLG, operational sites and all external stakeholders including NHSI, CCG’s, STP’s, councils and London NHS Property Boards etc. to optimise the tactical and tangible benefits of investments.
Put in place and maintain programme governance, project control and assurance systems that allow identification and analysis of portfolio and investment plan risks and put in place timely mitigating actions improvement, monitoring of service delivery performance and legislative compliance.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional and passionate leader with a proven track record of developing and implementing property strategies across diverse and complex estates, underpinned with proven operational expertise in leading and delivering a high quality service. This pivotal role will require a formal professional qualification in an estate's related discipline with membership of a relevant professional body. Positive, driven and a natural collaborator, you will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have commercial acumen with the passion and confidence to succeed in leading, driving change and inspiring others in the delivery of operations.
Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values;
- Positively welcoming
- Actively respectful
- Clearly communicating
- Visibly reassuring
- A proven leader with proven multi-disciplinary Estate strategy, Construction, project funding & Property Management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement options, contract management
- Experience in an acute hospital setting with a demonstrable track record of working with clinicians in the delivery of estates & facilities services
- Demonstrable knowledge of HBN’s, Firecode, HGN’s and HTM’s
- Proven ability of leading and directing multi-disciplinary design, operational and construction teams along with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing at all levels of a complex and diverse organization
- Sound constructive and legislative knowledge including research into the use of building design/materials and track record of innovative application
- Good knowledge and practical approach to the Capital Investment Manual procedures and Capital Accounting Manual procedures
- Experience of the development, review & implementation of plans/policies and guidance relating to the built environment
- Demonstrable ability to deliver clear effective communication on a range of complex scenarios to a broad audience with variable levels of understanding
- Comprehensive ability to use Oracle FPM management software
- Comprehensive ability to use CAFM/MICAD and similar estates management software
- Need to use significant mental effort to undertake the requirements of the role
- Proven expertise to lead, plan, manage, interact with colleagues
- Be able to organise workload and manage outcomes to meet planned objectives
- Ability to train and teach others and act as workplace mentor and general development of others
- Proactive approach to managing performance of contractors
- Knowledge and confidence to challenge whilst avoiding conflict
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full Chartered membership of appropriate construction sector/ project management organisation
Please see details attached by clicking on this link:
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the application form below.
Riverview Recruitment have been retained to search and select the best candidates for this role, should you be interested in a confidential discussion then please call Maija Rousell (Director) on 0203 667 3111 or email email@example.com
Apply for Director of Capital Projects
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly