Chartered Building Surveyor
This opportunity will be for a very motivated Building Surveyor, the successful candidate will be part of a diverse team varying from Graduates to Director level. The team is placed between the commercial and residential, therefore the work carried out will be a range of areas located throughout the London area.
The multinational property consultancy offers excellent opportunity to progress and for personal development for those who can provide outstanding levels of performance. The team has a broad range of clients, landlord and tenant and works on a variety of fast paced and interesting instructions across all sectors.
The role requires a broad range of experience of Commercial and Residential property, the department providing opportunities for all of the core services. The range of properties the team will focus on are, retail, shopping centre and high street stores, industrial and development sites, offices and a vast amount of residential led developments.
Key Responsibilities and Experience
- Advise clients of their options and propose an appropriate strategy together with involvement of the client as required, resulting in the delivery of the service to achieve agreed strategy.
- To draft fee accounts and ensure settlement is monitored Progress and manage the service as planned, along with agreeing any variations and providing feedback to the client, ensuring client's needs are satisfied.
- Carry out other functions as required to ensure the smooth running and operation of the Building and Project Consultancy division.
Specialist Building Surveying advice comprising:
- Contract administration, including preparing tender and contract document and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
- General dilapidations advice, including preparation of dilapidations schedules, negotiation and settlement along with liability assessments and strategic advice.
- Building surveys, technical due diligence and report writing.
- Preparing scheme designs and specifications works.
- Dealing with property legislation and building regulations.
- Advising on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
- Producing condition schedules and party wall work.
- Ensuring Health and Safety regulations are followed.
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Advising on construction design and management regulations.
- Project monitoring and bank monitoring.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 0207 960 2551 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com