Estates Surveyor - 12 month Maternity Cover (Part Time)
Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Estates Surveyor to join the in-house property team of a leading corporate organisation based in Portsmouth, Hampshire. The role is being offered on 12 month fixed term contract basis, with part time hours of 4 days a week.
The in-house Property Team are responsible for the day-to-day management of both the corporate and investment property assets held within the organisations portfolio. Consisting of both Leasehold and Freehold tenure, the portfolio focuses predominantly within the retail and commercial sectors, encompassing some mixed-use residential.
Your new role
As part of the Property team, you will support the Head of Property and wider team with the professional day-to-day management of the estate. Your role will not only serve as support as an operational function, but also ensure that the properties within the portfolio are achieving maximum performance and return of investment.
Specific responsibilities as the Estates Surveyor may include, but not limited to;
- Day-to-day property and estate management
- Undertaking the marketing, letting, leasing and sale of non-operational property
- Managing rent reviews, negotiating lease renewals, and other lease events
- Managing and obtaining licences, consents and requests for alterations
- Assisting with property development projects
- Negotiating dilapidation claims and repair schedules
- Managing and dealing with rent invoices and service charge issues
- Providing support on general Landlord and Tenant matters
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need proven experience of undertaking professional estate management of commercial property portfolios. You will be conversant in a range of landlord and tenant matters including the negotiation and management of lease renewals and rent reviews. You will hold strong levels of commercial acumen and the ability to communicate professionally at a number of levels.
Desirably, you will hold your MRICS certification however, this is not essential.
The role is being offered on a part time basis, with applications welcome from candidates seeking up to 30 hours / 3-4 days per week.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other opportunity please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll 02382 020101.