Commercial Property Manager
Commercial Property Manager Permanent, North East Company Car + Benefits
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a well-established commercial property management firm to recruit a Management Surveyor / Property Manager on a permanent basis, working from their North East Office. You will join a busy and experienced team, working across your own portfolio of properties, that are restricted to the North East / Northumberland areas.
Your new role
This role will require the successful candidate to work as part of a team, yet still be autonomous in their management of work, appointments and prioritise their workload accordingly.
The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- To assist in the management of a commercial and industrial portfolio centred in the North East.
- To assist in the letting of industrial and office premises when requested
- To help maximise the rental income of the managed portfolio by negotiating rent reviews and tenancy/lease renewals on the landlord's behalf
- To undertake the day to day management of several industrial estates/office developments under personal control (such management may include site inspections for enforcement of lease/tenancy obligations, insurance/health and safety purposes, landscape maintenance etc)
- To liaise with colleagues regarding day to day management issues
- To liaise with Accounts Department regarding rent collection & recovery action
- To liaise with other necessary related companies regarding the portfolio generally
- To liaise with private agents, local authorities and other public bodies re management/letting of the property portfolio
- To update and maintain the property management database relating to properties under personal control
- To assist the Regional Property Manager re the preparation of monthly Progress Reports, Estate Lettings Policies, Budgets and Service Charge Certificates
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, the successful applicant must have previous experience working within the commercial property management sector and to hold a degree in Real Estate / Estate Management (or a property / construction related discipline), hold a full UK driving license and be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the above described key duties.
You will be a pro-active, professional with excellent communication skills as well as the ability to maximise rent, reduce voids and also maintain as well as develop new relationships.
A professional membership is such as RICS or CIOB (or working towards) are also preferred but not essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.