A new opportunity is currently open with one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, our client have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support their clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
Due to this progressive consultancy’s continuing success and as they continue to expand as a company within their Building Surveying team; My client is now on the lookout for a passionate and driven individual who is looking to develop their career into a Senior Chartered Surveyor.
* Client management and contract administration/practice duties
* Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
* Carry out building and measured surveys
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
* Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
* Supervision of building work on site
Key Duties for social housing clients
*Overseeing cyclical works programmes to residential properties
*Undertaking regular property condition / validation surveys and producing works schedules for section 20/151 leaseholder notifications.
*Defect diagnosis and reporting
*Cost management and advice to the supporting QS team
*Undertaking pre-start, interim quality and handover snagging inspections
*Answering resident, leaseholder, client and contractor queries.
*Chairing and minuting monthly Contractor Progress Meetings
*Chairing and minuting leaseholder / stakeholder handover meetings
*Attending and presenting ‘Meet the Project Team’ resident’s meetings
*Relevant degree qualified – RICS approved
*MRICS Chartered or on the APC pathway towards chartership
*Social housing repairs experience
*At least 3 years practice experience
This opportunity will require you to be the key point of contact with the consultancy’s prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
You will be of an analytical mind with a high level of intellect – combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations. You will need to demonstrate the capable of eventually managing individual team members with picking up and organising their project work and where necessary, assisting them on projects.
Get in touch for a confidential chat if you’d like to learn more…